Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hale Freezes Over 2011

Yesterday we ran the Hale Center Theater's 3rd annual Hale Freezes Over 5K (they also offer a 10K).  It was a very slightly different course from last year, since apparently the course they've been offering in the past is slightly longer than a 5K.  It still finished strong with a brutal half-mile uphill, but we both had a good time of it, and seemed to remember the hill being worse in the past (progress!).  It was also not nearly as cold as last year, which was a nice bonus.

I took first in my age group, 9th in men and 10th overall (21:00), so I was pretty stoked about that.

We decided to stick around through the 10K results for the raffle, even though they're pretty slow with announcing everything, but in the end it turned out to be a pretty good idea, since I caught one of the extra hand-warmers they were throwing out (see above, though it took forever to warm up, and even then it was pretty weaksauce), and I even won something in the raffle:  A day-pass to Sundance!  Maybe we'll be skiing before the winter is through.

It was a fun race, and they always have good foods and great prizes (including free tickets to upcoming Hale productions).

4 comments:

  1. Nice job with your placing and prizes! If I had energy and time, maybe I would run races too. But those things aren't very accessible right now. Way to stay fit, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Plus free skiing passes, that sounds awesome! You guys should make a fun weekend out of it, and go shopping in Park City or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats on your placement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You guys are so great to race through the winter. Let me know what race you are planning on running this month. I have been trying to run 2-3 times a week and a race would really keep me going!

    I love that you got to stand on a block to receive your medal!

    You won a ski pass!? Lucky! You cant rent skis for $12-$15 at BYU - the cheapest deal around. And Sundance is a great little resort. Just skied there for my first time last weekend. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete