Thursday, November 2, 2017

Colors of Hope 5K

Wups, I wrote this last Friday and forgot to post it, but I collected my prize today so here it is now.

Wow, I haven't done an official race post in a long time.  I've still been running just about every day, but racing hasn't been a priority for a couple of years.  But work organized this one last week for Colors of Hope so I thought it would be fun to participate (last year's was closer to Thanksgiving and not the best day or time for me).

So it wasn't a huge race but there were 35-40 runners/walkers and I did pretty well at 23:08/8:00 miles (25:00 for the full course at 3.33 miles).  I led the pack for the first mile or so but the IT guy I was running alongside for a while pulled ahead and kept his lead until the big finish, beating me by a minute or two.  The weather was beautiful and the course was varied and interesting (though a slight head wind pushed pretty well for the last stretch).
Stuff We All Get

Next morning shot in black and white for artsy photo challenge meme purposes.
Fun race!  I scored a gift card to Smashburger, a place I have never visited, so that will be neat.  I guess I'll be hosting my Thanksgiving walk/run again this year so that will be fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment