Thursday, December 21, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

I used to try to think of really clever titles for my blogposts but these days I'm mostly about basic description.  It makes it easier for archival/searching purposes.

Anyway, quick before it's Christmas!!!  Thanksgiving did happen and it was really nice.

We started out with our fourth annual Thanksgiving Day Murdock Trail 5K fun run/walk/stroll/bike/trot (don't dogs trot?).  The weather was positively balmy, and I think this was The Wife's first time not being pregnant and sick so she could join us, hurrah, and we expanded to include one of Matt's work friends!  And of course Heather who is practically family.  Maybe we'll make it a more open invitation next year, just in case people are interested.  There were plenty of pumpkin streusel muffins and bananas to go around.  Adelaide came in first (my time was __:__).
Can you tell who was Photoshopped in?  I actually followed through this time!
This was actually taken on MY phone by Julie as she crossed the finish line, since I dropped it when I turned around at the halfway mark...  Thanks for saving it, Heather!
A family that runs together... runs together.
Wife making one of her legendary cakes.  Sweet potato!  With marshmallow icing on top!  And pecan garnish!
Om nom nom
Boy is starting to get the idea about Thanksgiving dinner, and he and cousin Link found a great spot to enjoy their rolls. 
Parallel MDGs
Dinner was really lovely and Sleigh Ride was practiced and it was a great day and I can't believe it's already December and WHERE did 2017 go???

No comments:

Post a Comment