Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Succinct Set of Series Summaries

3 Season Finales, 3 messages.

20 seasons in and you still manage to captivate me.  You tested me this season with your exasperating repeat contestant choices, but I was absolutely satisfied with the final result.  Scumbaggery is not (or should be not be) rewarded, in life or in Survivor.  Now get off my TV, you-know-who!

The end for Jack Bauer on prime-time TV.  There was a time when I simply could NOT wait a week in between new episodes.  Then you started to get silly, even for 24.  Not even Jack Bauer could do and survive some of those things.  Still, you had a good run and I enjoyed watching you while you were awesome.  You'll be missed, in some ways.

BEST. SHOW. EVER.  Period.  You had me at "Pilot" (even though that wasn't actually the first episode I saw).  I have so much to say about you and your finale that I think I better just blog about it separately.  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Ends of Eras for sure. But hey, Survivor isn't over . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no, it's not, but it was a finale that deserved mention here too (unlike other shows that just ended).

    ReplyDelete