Friday, July 8, 2011

One Week

Well, a week from now we will have seen the end of the cinematic saga of the Boy Who Lived and the people who love him, and we'll also probably be extremely tired too after our double feature and midnight showing, but it will be worth it (and we'll probably already be thinking about going again the next day).  We were a little annoyed when we discovered the double feature option (showing Part 1 at 9 pm and then Part 2 immediately after at midnight), because we didn't know about that until we had already bought tickets for a different showing, and the double feature were just a package deal.  Then we thought we might just ask at the ticket office, and the very nice girl was more than happy to exchange our four tickets for seats at the double feature (which is NOT in 3D--score).  She even gave us some coupons good for drinks for just a dollar all evening long, which will probably go unused--if I really had that much to drink, I would spend the whole movie in the loo.  No thanks.

So I am quite sure it's going to just be amazing, and we're going to be blown away, and we will laugh and cry and cheer and gasp, etc. etc., but otherwise I don't have a lot to say right now except I'm super excited of course, and not really feeling that kind of bittersweetness that I'm sure will eventually come as I realize it's all more or less over, as happened when I first finished the last book a couple of years ago.  To commemorate the final week we will begin our last Great Harry-thon tonight.  So, I will leave this post with some of the awesome brand new posters that were released:
TWO WANDS.
Bellatrix's wand!
... Loaner wand.
So grim, right?  They're perfect.  I'm sure I'll have plenty to blog about this time next week, so until then, I really hope people who are interested have their tickets already, because they're pretty much gone for that first night.  We made that mistake last time and ended up going to a theater out of town which led to insane return traffic at 3 in the morning.  Yikes.  Now we're going to be practically home when it ends.  Ends...  *sniff*

XD

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeeee! I am so excited, and yet I am dreading it at the same time. O, Harry!

    Also I wish Ron didn't look SO homeless.

    ReplyDelete