Thursday, February 5, 2009

Scene: Campus Quad

So there I was today, leaving from a group meeting in the campus library, when this conversation with a random passer-by:

Girl: Hey, are you Drew Graham??

Me: Yes, I am! ...

G: I am such a big fan of your drawings! I love your website!

M: Oh, really? Wow...

G: Yes, I even wrote you a couple of emails, you probably don't remember me, but (shares name)...

M: Oh, yeah! I totally recognize that name! I mean, it's not like I get a lot of mail about that stuff or anything.

G: Yes! So anyway, I just had to stop you, thank you so much!

M: No problem! I can't believe you even recognized me, but I'm glad you stopped me and said hello, I of course would never have known...

And there you go. I just laughed as I walked away. It's not like my little art gallery is any kind of special, but it somehow seems to garner a little bit of fan attention. I guess it just depends on who you ask. After all, I suppose it was the impetus to bring me and The Girl together, so...

7 comments:

  1. HA! FAM-E-OUS!! I wish I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh you and your web presence! It gets me everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised one bit! I bet it made your day though... awesome :)

    I want to hear the story of how you two met and got together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's fun! You too can be a celebrity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't even think about it! You're taken already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Chiv Keeb, that's totally not the point! She meant nothing to me!

    ReplyDelete