Monday, October 27, 2008

Movie Trailer News

Two new movie trailers of interest:

First, the new international trailer of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Further taunting and teasing from WB, who knows that the fans know the movie is pretty much done, but they are still making us wait until July. Real cool. At least the movie looks better and better with each new trailer. That Hermione is a total sass.



Second, a trailer for Gran Torino, Clint Eastwood's latest gravelly, brooding picture, in which he stars as a curmudgeon living next door to a family who happens to be Hmong! Probably the first treatment of the Hmong culture in a major motion picture, so it's somewhat noteworthy. We'll see if it's more of Eastwood's typical, morally-thought-provoking, blue- and gray-tinted fare or if it's something a little different. I know I saw a paj ntaub on the wall of that Hmong house, so that's something new! Anyway, check it out.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome awesome HP trailer. And the other one looks good too! Hmong and all, eh? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually hear "Clint Eastwood" and associate it with a movie that I want to see, but that looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what would make the HBP trailer even better? A little note at the end that says "IN THEATERS NOVEMBER 21."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the looks of those. I'm putting them on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those look interesting. But actually I would only want to see the Clint Eastwood movie with you. Whoe else to tell me about all the interesting hmong things that no one else would know? Or who else would be nearly as excited to see this movie? So if you are getting a group together to see it, let me know!

    ReplyDelete